Monday, April 20, 2015

Recent Buy & Sale




Today I made some changes to my portfolio. I sold all my shares of Nike Inc (NKE), and used that money to buy HCP Inc. (HCP). After that I bough small amount of Prospect Capital Corporation (PSEC).

For more información visit: http://www.prospectstreet.com/  or  http://www.hcpi.com/

Total shares purchased:

  • 45 shares of HCP valued around $1900
  • 100 PSEC valued around $850

My Nike shares had gone up quite a lot in the past year. And I decided it is time to take some profits out. Even if I think that Nike is a great company and can produce good results for years to come. The lack of decent dividend (currently 1.12% yield) made me choose this way. Well there is growth.. but I made my self asking that how long can it continue? and how much? and what about competition? That's a lot of questions.. and no one rely knows the answer to those. Basically my Nike shares has produced me around 45% dividend in USD and around 80% dividend in EUR. (currency changes). Like Jim Cramer says:" No one is going to get hurt when you take your profits out".


I think HCP is a good company and has a good track record to back that up. 30 years of increasing dividends making it a Dividend Champion, that's has to mean something.

PSEC for me is just a wild card. I'm hoping it can bring me those monthly dividends many years to come. So no big expectations here.

I still have some money left on my brokerage account, and I may just let it sit there until I get my next paycheck. So I can make a bit bigger buy on next month.

These purchases increases my annual dividend income by: $196.80

HCP Inc  $100.8
PSEC $96.0

On other news on my portfolio:

I'm also considering selling UPM-Kymmenen (UPM1V) but I decided to wait a bit and read some annual reports first and do some serious thinking. If you got some superb inside info let' me know and toss a comment!

I'm also considering selling ARCP. Since there is now dividend anywhere to be seen. But I think i'm just going to wait until the next quarterly report. And decide after that.

I will soon update my portfolio to represent these changes.
Have a Nice day!
cheers.



photo: http://freedigitalphotos.com/ By cuteimage 

6 comments:

  1. Interesting moves, Anha. Nothing wrong with taking profits.

    HCP is a great company and Ive been watching it too..would love to add it to my portfolio. PSEC - like you said, its a bit of a wildcard. I own just one BDC - MAIN and I am happy with it. From all the reading I did on the BDC space, it seemed like MAIN was better run and a bit more conservative than the rest. I know PSEC recently cut its dividend - but if its overreacted, maybe its not a bad time to pick it up. Good luck

    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there R2R!
      I think i'll sleep well with HCP in my pocket and psec is mm psec..
      That MAIN could be a good investment thanks for bringing that on up. Need to check on that one!
      Cheers!

      Delete
  2. It's rare to read about stock sales among the dividend bloggers but I guess if you want to ring the register on some profits that can never hurt. While I like your move into HCP I'm not really excited about your PSEC buy. For my personal tolerance and risk profile I would not want to buy into any BDC or high yield REIT play. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DivHut!
      Ty for sharing your honest opinion about my buys! Well i have my fingers crossed and hoping it will do well.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Great purchases I think. I also nearly bought Nike a while back, but decided that I wanted to stick to higher dividend yield stocks, even though I felt strongly about Nike's growth. However, with the $/£ rate at the moment being a bit prohibitive, I have been sticking to UK stocks for a long time.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi TV!
      I got a pretty good growth on very short period of time. But not knowing that how long the growth will continue, I felt like there could be a better buys for this money. Something that could give me a better yield without hoping to get awesome quarterly results. I still think Nike is a good company and I do wish to buy it back someday.
      Cheers!

      Delete